Friday, January 5, 2007

Words from the Self: Love Versus Condemnation

"I am the Alpha and the Omega. The First and the Last. The Beginning and the End. I was, am, and forever shall be.

Herein lies all the peace you shall ever need. For you are in Me, as I am in You. It is not your obedience that I require, for what need have I of servants, when I am EVERYTHING? It is not your worship that satisfies Me, because what I am is Love, which 'requireth nothing.' Love is infinite, and when Love gives of itself, then it is able to know the joy of experiencing itself. For this reason, the only way to receive love is to give it. For when you give love to your brothers and sisters, they become the witness by which you see that love was truly in you. For how can you give something away unless you first possessed it?

So love one another. In doing so, you will know that love has always been yours.

There are those that would make me out to be a jealous avenger, mighty in wrath and eager to punish. And in the same breath, they would speak of the "love" I bestow on those that would keep my commandments. But never do they ask why I would find it necessary to issue commandments in the first place. If I wanted something specifically done, would I not simply make it so? That aside, if I did find it necessary to give commandments, why would I then make it possible for you to break them, and then punish you for it? The whole idea is laughable, and you would see it as such if it were not for the fact that so many of you cling to this madness with such ferocity that you have tried to destroy yourself and others in order to defend it.

You cannot oppose My will because you ARE My will. When I say that I am in You, and that You are in Me, I am not being sentimental. This is the nature of Our relationship. For you to oppose Me is to oppose yourself. For Me to punish you is to punish Myself.

There is only Me.

But do not condemn those who fear Me in such a manner. Instead, recognize their call for love, and answer it in My name. And when you show them that you are capable of loving Me without fearing Me, you will truly be a light unto the world, and those that see you shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life."

No comments: