Sunday, January 7, 2007

Leaving the Battlefield

If fear is the adversary
and love is all there is
then there can be
no adversary
And all injuries I have
believed were done unto
me were but dreams
Calls for love
hidden in the form of attack

With a heavy heart, I lay down
my weapon and announce
the end of all conflict
There is only peace.
There can BE only peace.

All is forgiven
for none of it ever happened
What holds my sins against me
is but the memory of them
not the sins themselves
and so I serve as my own
judge and executioner
Shall I not set the gavel down as well?
Have I not attacked my brother
and my sister
long enough to know that
my weapons were made of nothing?

Blessed be the peacemakers
For they are the children of God
They see Their Oneness in Her
and find Him in Their holy Selves
Behold the dawning of a new age
Where humankind lays down
the slings and arrows of guilt,
lowering the bloody fingers
pointed at one another.
Let us see the true Self
the Christ
the Buddha
the Awakened One
the Saint
in one another
So that we might see that
same Self
the Christ
the Buddha
the Awakened One
the Saint
in ourselves.

No comments: