Saturday, December 30, 2006

Things I Learned From my Ex-Girlfriend

When I broke up with my ex-girlfriend last year, I was continually finding her hair around my apartment. It was weird to have reminders of her past presence still appearing, but it inspired me to write the following:

THINGS I LEARNED FROM MY EX-GIRLFRIEND

1. Sometimes, to clean up a mess, you have to make an even bigger one.

2. There is something to be said for just standing still and BEING.

3. The hell others put us through is in direct proportion to the hell we put ourselves through.

4. Never make assumptions.

5. Love.

6. What goes in must come out (in reference to refridgerators).

7. People are who they are, not what we would have them be.

These were all good lessons. I'm glad I learned them, and I'm glad I learned them from her. I am a better man because of it.

No comments: