Friday, December 29, 2006

The End of the Old Law

Nothing can ever be the same

Everything is but a shadow of its
former self
Though I never saw the former self
but only the shadow itself
And where there was once comfort
Now there is chaos
The world is inverted
Right is wrong
Up is down
hot is cold
Satan God, God Satan
But through the evershifting mirage
I hear the gentle words of the Song
lulling me to peace,
teaching me that all is not in vain
that I am loved and am capable of love

Is this a siren's song, I wonder
tempting me towards oblivion
Or is this the true Song
The Song of Wonders
the one Song
that awakens all those who would but hear it

The dream rages about me and within me
With astonishing detachment
I watch my own fear rise and fall


Nothing will ever be the same.

And I rise up off my trembling knees
unclasping my hands
I swallow as I look upon the dreamscape
With a dry throat and tongue
through cracked lips
I speak:

"I am the Light."

I wait for lighting to strike.
It does not come.
I wait for leprosy to afflict me
My limbs remain where they are.
I say it again:
"I AM the Light."

Then:

"WE ARE the Light."

Thank God.
Nothing will ever be the same.

No comments: